Monday, February 18, 2013

WIP: The Fair Isle mittens and a new hat!

Finally, the mittens are finished and I am in the process of adding the thumbs.... to tell you the truth, I am not a big fan of knitting thumbs this way, but it worked well this time! I definitely prefer my usual method.


I have to say I love the yellow yarn contrasting with the blues.... It's a pity I don't have yellow colorway from the same yarn as the blues. Maybe it's time to order some? Yay! Yarn shopping!



I've also started working on a new Fair Isle hat pattern, this time only in 2 colors, jeans blue and pale beige/off-white. So far so good!



I think this design would make a cute baby sweater! Frankly speaking, I've been thinking about knitting cute baby Fair Isle sweaters each time I am about to start decreasing the stitches to shape a hat's crown.... maybe one day :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment